The knowledge of computer science is a must for undergraduate as well as postgraduate degree students. All the enterprises (institutes, organizations, and companies) should have at least one qualified computer scientist. In this decade, most institutes need to develop by introducing and/or improving computer science in their curricula to suit actual demands. The Computer Science MSc programme offered at University of Peradeniya will give a comprehensive knowledge of recent issues in computer science.
Objectives of the programme
The objective of this programme is to provide advanced and enhanced knowledge of recent issues of information technology. At the completion of this course, the candidates will be able to fit into any computerized enterprise or a research institute.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Science
- Theory of Computation
- Computer Architecture
- Programming and Electronics Laboratories
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Programming Techniques
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
60 with research (MSc)
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 3 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Sri Lanka
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must possess a science-based degree (e.g. Physical/Biological/Engineering related degree) or any other degree (where a basic knowledge of Calculus, Number Theory and Algebra has been obtained) with 30 credits in the relevant subject area or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the Postgraduate Institute of Science. Graduates, who have no basic knowledge in computer science, are expected to follow fundamentals of computer science (None credit courses). Depending on the courses followed at the degree level and on the recommendation of the advisor a candidate may be exempted from some of the preliminary courses. Eligible applicants will face a selection examination, conducted by the PGIS. Employed candidates who are eligible for admission should produce evidence of leave granted to follow the programme and a letter of release from the Head of the Department/Institution.
International2757 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2757 USD per year during 12 months.
National1378 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1378 USD per year during 12 months.
- National 1 year: LKR275,000
- National 2 years: LKR375,000 ($1,879)
- International 1 year: LKR550,000
- International 2 years: LKR750,000 ($3,759)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.