In this aspect, the Pharmaceutical Botany MSc programme offered at University of Peradeniya within its framework will provide the knowledge, training and skills required to cater to the pharmaceutical needs of the country as well as to the entire world. A firm foundation in Botany will give a cutting edge to improve pharmaceutically useful plants and their management (in endeavoring to assure an adequate supply of products for the earth’s ever-growing population).
Students at Pharmaceutical Botany MSc programme offered at University of Peradeniya will:
- acquire effective knowledge on plant species with pharmaceutical importance, their usage,
- get trained for development of new commercial pharmaceutical products through innovative research and to introduce both traditional and latest developments in Pharmaceutical Botany with hands on experience.
- General Microbiology
- Analytical Chemistry
- Analytical Methods in Pharmaceutical Science
- Plant Morphology and Systematics
- Diversity and Ecology of Sri Lankan Ecosystems
- Plant Physiology
- Applied Pharmaceutical Microbiology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Surveying or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized university, acceptable to the PGIS.
International4417 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8835 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National2208 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4417 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- Local candidates - Rs. 350,000
- Foreign candidates - Rs. 700,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.