The western countries as well as our neighbouring countries such as India, Thailand, Korea, Singapore, etc. have already taken steps to train manpower to carry out Research and Development (R&D) activities on this fast growing area of science. Nanotechnology is considered the next generation Industrial Revolution without which the industrial sector cannot sustain. Sri Lankan state and private sectors are highly enthusiastic on developing nanotechnological research and development activities and to facilitate this task, Sri Lanka Institute for Nanotechnology (SLINTEC) has already been formed.
The Nanoscience and Nanotechnology MSc course offered at University of Peradeniya will cover a broad range of disciplines to enable the trained graduates to make an objective judgment of the scientific importance and technological potential of developments in micro- and nanotechnologies and to perform a range of activities related to Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. The study programme will thus prepare the student to take the challenge of meeting not only national needs in diverse areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology but also to continue toward advanced studies anywhere in the world.
- a sound theoretical foundation on important techniques of nanotechnology and nanoscience.
- the training in using, troubleshooting and maintenance of nanotechnological experiments, research and applications.
- strong knowledge on synthesis, characterisation, and analysis of nanomaterials leading to appropriate nanotechnological application.
- adequate knowledge on the principles of nanotechnology and nanoscience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Physics for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Characterization Techniques for Nanomaterials
- Biochemistry related to Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Carbon Nanotubes and Particles
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Laboratory
- Applications of Nanomaterials in Local Industries
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates having a bachelor’s degree with 30 credits including relevant modules of Chemistry and/or Physics or equivalent accredited prior learning experience are eligible to follow the programme. Those who do not possess the necessary background in the discipline(s) of Nanotechnology may have to follow additional courses as described by the relevant Board of Study prior to the commencement of the postgraduate programme.* Eligible applicants shall face a selection examination followed by an interview, conducted by the PGIS. Employed candidates eligible for admission should produce evidence of leave granted to follow the programme and a letter of release from the Head of the Department/Institution.
International1759 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1759 USD per year during 12 months.
National879 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 879 USD per year during 12 months.
- National 1 year: LKR175,000
- National 2 years: LKR300,000 ($1,507)
- International 1 year: LKR350,000
- International 2 years: LKR600,000 ($3,015)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.