Why study Experimental Biotechnology at University of Peradeniya
Moreover, one can gain the skills and knowledge required for employment in the Biotechnology industry. In many instances, for the efficient discharge of their duties, it is necessary that such graduates possess the ability to understand clearly the nature of a given problem, use a variety of molecular biological methodologies and techniques (both manual and instrumental) to obtain accurate and precise measurements and interpret the results to arrive at appropriate conclusions. Although undergraduate curricula provide a strong background in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology with a basic training in experimental aspects, a sound hands-on experience together with advanced principles of Experimental Biotechnology is often beyond the scope of such curricula, mainly due to time constraints. The absence of properly trained biotechnologists in Sri Lanka is a major drawback in the realization of our industrial and scientific potential, especially in the current atmosphere of increasing industrialization.
- Molecular cell biology
- Protein chemistry
- Molecular genetics
- Molecular microbiology
- Recombinant DNA technology
- Industrial biotechnology
- Molecular Biotechnology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates having a bachelor’s degree with 30 credits including relevant modules of Biology or equivalent accredited prior learning experience are eligible to follow the programme. Eligible applicants shall face a selection examination followed by an interview, conducted by the PGIS. Employed candidates eligible for admission should produce evidence of leave granted to follow the programme and a letter of release from the Head of the Department/Institution.
International2261 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2261 USD per year during 12 months.
National1131 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1131 USD per year during 12 months.
- National 1 year: LKR225,000
- National 2 years: LKR350,000 ($1,759)
- International 1 year: LKR450,000
- International 2 years: LKR700,000 ($3,517)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.