- The Organic Chemistry programme is offered at the University Of Ibadan.
- The Department has graduated thousands of students since inception and graduates of this Department have provided skilled manpower for most Universities in Nigeria, and continue to contribute to the development of the nation in many areas of industry, research and government establishments.
- Welcome to the Department of Chemistry of the University of Ibadan, the Premier University in Nigeria. The Department was established in 1948 as one of the foundation Departments of the University of Ibadan. The Department has grown from its humble beginning to its present state of being not only the oldest Chemistry Department in Nigeria but also the best and the largest.
- Process Chemistry
- Photochemistry and Biologically Active Natural Products
- Pericyclic Reactions, Heterocyclic and Naturally Occurring Compounds
- Synthetic Methods in Organic Chemistry
- Spectroscopy and Organic Structure Determination
- Symmetry and Group Theory
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates for admission to higher degree programmes shall normally be graduates of the University of Ibadan or other Universities/Institutions recognised by the Senate. Admission shall be made by the Postgraduate College on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Candidates without any previous higher degrees in the relevant discipline may be admitted only to either the Degree of Master or the Professional Degree of Master.
- Candidates with recognised “Research Higher” Degree in the relevant discipline may be admitted to the M.Phil or Ph.D. degree programmes as appropriate, on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Where, in respect of an otherwise eligible candidate with a higher degree, a firm recommendation for admission to the Ph.D. degree programme cannot be made, a Faculty may recommend that a candidate be admitted provisionally to the programme pending an assessment report.
International5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
National4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.