The Department of Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering was first established in 1976 as the Department of Production Engineering. Up to now, over 1000 graduates have graduated with specialization in Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering. The Manufacturing Engineering MScEng programme is offered at University of Peradeniya.
- To be a center of excellence in higher education in the field of Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering.
- To create an innovative, project-based-learning experience for students that is focused on enhancing creative and analytical thinking, knowledge and skills in the manufacturing & industrial engineering discipline, lifelong learning, communication, positive attitude and respect for environment, ethics & sustainability.
- To impact society in a positive and transformative manner by providing high quality services, consultancy and capacity building programmes to enhance the local manufacturing and service industry and improve lives and livelihood.
- To create a work environment that can help cultivate a motivated, multidisciplinary group of researchers who continuously produce research output with high impact and national relevance in the field of manufacturing & industrial engineering.
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing Technology
- Applied Science
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 3 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Sri Lanka
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Peradeniya and/or in Sri Lanka, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering with First or Second Class Honours or
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering with acceptable postgraduate qualifications or
- A degree or such other qualifications equivalent to Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering as may be approved by the Faculty Higher Degrees Committee as suitable for candidature for the MSc Eng degree with a minimum of one years’ experience, after obtaining the degree or such other qualification, in a field related to the programme of study
- Degree/Diploma certificate(s) (photocopies)
- Birth certificate (photocopy)
- Four copies of passport-size colour photograph of yourself
- Three self-addressed stamped envelopes (22 cm x 10 cm)
- The applicant is also required to arrange to send separately and under confidential cover, two letters of recommendation.
International960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 USD per year during 18 months.
National960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 USD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.