The objective of the MS Cybersecurity and Privacy - Cyber Defense option from New Jersey Institute of Technology is to create leaders with strong communication and management skills in addition to the strong technical knowledge in security and privacy of computer systems, networks, and web applications.
This option is designed for working professionals or students who already have acquired some professional experience.
- Understand the difference between the symmetric key and public key cryptography approaches.
- Select appropriate symmetric and public key cryptography protocols for a given application.
- Develop an efficient implementation of a cryptographic protocol based on a Discrete Logarithm Problem, RSA (Factoring) Problem or Elliptic Curve Discrete Logarithm Problem.
- Understand the various models to evaluate the security of computer systems.
- Interpret security guarantees and assess the level of security provided by a cryptographic protocol.
- Understand the various security goals for communication over an insecure network.
- Identify the appropriate types of cryptographic primitives that should be used to achieve each of these goals.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Programming Language Concepts
- Principles of Operating Systems
- Programming, Data Structures, and Algorithms
- Foundations of Computer Science
- Cryptography and Security
- Security and Privacy in Computer Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security View 224 other Masters in IT Security in United States
- Application for admission
- $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- GRE/TOEFL/GMAT/IELTS/Duolingo results
- One letter of recommendation
International30160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30160 USD per year during 12 months.
National30160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30160 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14448 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.