The Electrical Power Applications MSc/MScEng programme offered at University of Peradeniya paves the way for research and advanced studies in the field of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. It offers the students an excellent opportunity to explore the knowledge and become experts in the field.
Discover the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- The curriculum of electrical and electronic engineering study program has been cleverly designed in such a way that interested students can also obtain a major specialization in one area while obtaining a minor specialization in another area out of the sub disciplines mentioned above.
- The department has an integrated laboratory which caters to all electrical and electronic engineering students. This consists of the following laboratories: Elementary Laboratory, Communications Laboratory, MIC Fabrication Laboratory, Optical Fiber Laboratory, RF and Microwave Laboratory, Power Systems and Electrical Machines Laboratory, High Voltage Engineering Laboratory, Power Electronic and Industrial Application Laboratory, Electrical Machine and Drives Laboratory, Controls Robotics and Automation Laboratory, ROBOCON Laboratory, Electronics and Digital Instrumentation Laboratory, Energy Laboratory, Innovative Research and Product Development Laboratory.
- Data Networks
- Digital Instrumentation
- Wireless Communication Systems
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- Advanced Embedded Systems Design
- Model Predictive Control Systems
- Research Methods in Electrical Engineering
- 12 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Electrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
M.Sc. in Engineering:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering with first or second class honours or
- A bachelor's degree in engineering with acceptable postgraduate qualifications or
- A degree or such other qualification equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering as may be approved by the faculty higher degrees committee as suitable for candidature for the M.Sc.Eng. Degree with a minimum of one year’s experience, after obtaining the degree or such qualifications in a field related to the programme of study.
- A bachelor's degree with first or second class honours or
- A bachelor's degree with acceptable postgraduate qualifications or
- A degree or such other qualification as may be approved by the faculty higher degrees committee as suitable for candidature for the M.Sc. Degree with a minimum of one year’s experience, after obtaining the degree or such qualifications in a field related to the programme of study.
International617 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 617 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National617 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 617 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Tuition: LKR225,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.