The objectives of the Environmental and Water Engineering MScEng/MSc/PGDip programme offered at University of Peradeniya are to provide the students with:
- an advanced knowledge in the aspects of Water & Environmental Engineering applied to the industry.
- an exposure and hands-on experience in the use of information technology tools and various application oriented computer software packages in Water and Environmental
Thus, the courses have been designed to enhance the capabilities of the students in analyzing, planning, construction, operation and management of water & sanitary engineering works with a particular reference to preserving the quality of the environment
- Environmental Hydraulics
- Hydrology & Groundwater Management
- Environmental Technology and Management
- Water and Wastewater Engineering
- Computer Applications in Water & Environmental Engineering
- Water and Environmental Resources Management (WERM)
- Solid & Hazardous Waste Management
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
20 credits for the PGDip
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Sciences View 6 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Sri Lanka
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Sciences with First or Second Class Honours or
- A Bachelor’s Degree Physical Sciences with acceptable postgraduate qualifications or
- A Degree or such other qualification as may be approved by the Faculty Higher
- Degrees Committee as suitable for candidature for the M.Sc. Degree with a minimum of one year’s experience, after obtaining the Degree or such qualification, in a field related to the programme of study.
- Online application
- Two Referee Reports. At least one should be from the applicant's teacher at the University.
- Degree/Diploma/Professional membership certificates (Photo copies)
- Birth certificate (Photocopy)
- Letter of consent from the employer (where applicable)
- 2 self addressed stamped envelopes (22cm x l0cm)
International960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- MScEng/MSc: LKR350,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.