The Structural Engineering MScEng/PGDip programme offered at University of Peradeniya consists of compulsory taught courses conducted through lectures, tutorials, assignments, laboratory and design classes and a research study. The elective courses can be selected as per eligibility requirement.
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Peradeniya has excellent laboratory facilities and a team of highly qualified academic staff. Facilities in the Engineering Library, Computer Aided Design Laboratory and Computing/IT Centre are also available for students in furthering their studies and research.
To acquire, promote, develop and disseminate knowledge and application of civil engineering in particular to produce engineers with skills and attitudes who attain competence as professional engineers providing leadership in the national and international arena and to interact with local industry and community for sustainable development leading to enhanced quality of life while preserving national heritage.
- Concrete Technology
- Bridge Engineering
- Finite elements Methods
- Construction Management
- Construction Materials
- Construction Planning, Methods and Equipments
- Computer aided structural design
- Design of concrete structures
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
21 credits for PGDip
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 5 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Sri Lanka
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Peradeniya and/or in Sri Lanka, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with First or Second Class Honours or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with acceptable postgraduate qualifications, or
- A degree or such other qualification equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in engineering as may be approved by the Faculty Higher Degrees Committee as suitable for candidature for the MSc Eng.
- Degree with a minimum of one year’s experience, after obtaining the Degree or such qualification, in a field related to the programme of study.
- Online application
- Two Referee Reports. At least one should be from the applicant's teacher at the University.
- Degree/Diploma/Professional membership certificates (Photo copies)
- Birth certificate (Photocopy)
- Letter of consent from the employer (where applicable)
- 2 Self-addressed stamped envelopes (22cm x l0cm)
International640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
- MScEng: LKR350,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.