- The Urban and Regional Planning programme is offered at the University Of Ibadan.
- It is concerned with the spatial ordering of land use both in the urban and rural settings for the purpose of creating functionally efficient and aesthetically pleasing physical environment for living, working, circulation and recreation. It aims at improving the welfare of people and their communities by creating more convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places for present and future generations. Urban and regional planning is a broad-based discipline, requiring a multi-disciplinary approach and knowledge. Therefore, it requires a comprehensive education and training in the planning, design and management of the total environment.
- Vision of the Department - To be the most outstanding School of Urban and Regional Planning in Nigeria in terms of the quality of training, relevance of research and public outreach.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy and Theory of Urban and Regional Planning
- History of Urban and Regional Planning
- Urban and Regional Planning Methods.
- Statistical Methods in Urban and Regional Planning
- Land Use Planning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Urban Planning View 3 other Masters in Design in Nigeria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates for admission to higher degree programmes shall normally be graduates of the University of Ibadan or other Universities/Institutions recognised by the Senate. Admission shall be made by the Postgraduate College on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Candidates without any previous higher degrees in the relevant discipline may be admitted only to either the Degree of Master or the Professional Degree of Master.
- Candidates with recognised “Research Higher” Degree in the relevant discipline may be admitted to the M.Phil or Ph.D. degree programmes as appropriate, on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Where, in respect of an otherwise eligible candidate with a higher degree, a firm recommendation for admission to the Ph.D. degree programme cannot be made, a Faculty may recommend that a candidate be admitted provisionally to the programme pending an assessment report.
International5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
National4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.