An MBA helps nurses achieve an understanding of core business principles and allows them to come up with comprehensive solutions to complex challenges in the healthcare field.
Nurses who earn an MBA will be strongly considered for business and leadership roles in healthcare facilities such as nurse manager, nurse administrator, healthcare manager, Director of Nursing (DNO), or Chief Nursing Officer (CNO). Combining your experience in nursing with an MBA puts you in an excellent position for your career in healthcare.
The dual Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Business Administration program is designed for nurses who would like to enhance their business management skills.
The MBA-MSN Dual Degree program from Saint Xavier University, is available with all four nursing tracks:
- Clinical Leadership -- Clinical leaders are prepared to practice in clinical leadership roles in settings throughout the health care delivery system.
- Executive Leadership -- Executive leaders are prepared to practice in roles such as nurse managers, directors and other leadership roles.
- Nurse Educators -- Nurse educators are prepared to practice as faculty in academic settings or other educator roles in the healthcare delivery system.
- Family Nurse Practitioners -- The Family Nurse Practitioner serves as a specialist in the delivery of primary care services to individuals and families in a wide variety of settings.
- The Management Experience
- Managerial Economics
- Accounting for Management Decisions
- Managerial Finance
- Operations and Technology Management
- Global Environment of Business
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Admission to the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is made on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 1474 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in United States
- A completed online application.
- Completed recommendation forms.
- Official results of the appropriate graduate admission test.
- A completed and notarized SXU Affidavit of Support (PDF).
- An official scholarship letter or a notarized bank statement or bank letter demonstrating capacity to provide financial support for at least one year of attendance at SXU.
- Non-native English speaking applicants must submit official test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or official results from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or proof of completion of ELS course level 112.
- A "course-by-course" transcript evaluation report by an approved educational credential evaluator, for all colleges or universities attended abroad to determine U.S. equivalency.
- Photocopies or facsimiles of identification and expiration pages of the student's passport.
- Additional requirements may apply, depending on program.
International29970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 999 USD per credit during 12 months.
National29970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 999 USD per credit during 12 months.
Nursing $750 per credit hour
Living costs for Chicago Ridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.