The Advanced Professional Practice - Distance Learning programme at the University of East Anglia is designed to offer flexibility to working professionals through blended learning. You can tailor the course to your requirements by choosing to follow either the Leadership or Clinical pathway at PG Certificate, PG Diploma or Master’s level. If you are a UK student you will have the option of studying part-time.
The overarching philosophy of our programme is that advanced practice is all about reaching a level of practice, rather than a specific professional role. Suitable for all experienced health and care professionals and open to both national and international applicants, it reflects professional, UK-wide government and international benchmarks for advanced level practice for the health and social care workforces. You will attain the contemporary knowledge and skills for advanced level practice.
Our aim is to help you to develop an academic preparedness for an advanced professional practice role. All of this is based on the four pillars of advanced practice – clinical, research, education and management/leadership – and the five key principles: autonomous practice, critical thinking, values-based care, improving practice, and high levels of decision-making and problem-solving. By selecting the optional modules that are relevant to your area of advanced practice, you can tailor the course around your professional practice needs and across the pillars and principles. The emphasis of learning within each of the four pillars will be dependent on the pathway you have chosen, the level of study you’ve opted for and the modules you have selected. So you can build a qualification specific to your individual requirements.
- Advanced nurse practitioner - Royal College of Nursing
- Emergency care practitioner – Royal College of Emergency Medicine
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Managing Yourself and Leading Others
- Using Evidence to Lead and Advance Practice
- Service Improvement Project
- Advanced Stoma Care
- Foundations of End of Life Care
- Clinical Decision Making
- Enhancing Teaching Learning and Assessment in Clinical Education
- Policy Implementation and Evaluation
- Advancing Practice in Dementia Care
- Working with Older People: Biopsychosocial Approaches
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 272 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelors (Hons) degree - 2.2 or equivalent
- Related Health Care subject
- Successful applicants will have recent experience of working in a professional role in a health, education or care setting. Students will typically hold a professional registration with a recognised health or care professional body.
- You must submit a Memorandum of Understanding at the time of application. Your manager will need to confirm that you will be given the time and resources required for the programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.