With the NHS Constitution at its core, our MSc Children's Nursing - Preregistration programme at the University of East Anglia will offer you the excitement and challenge to achieve your very best and provide you with the rigorous training you need to become a dynamic nurse.
Our Master’s course has been designed for students who already have an undergraduate degree and who demonstrate the personal attributes and commitment needed to pursue a career caring for others. Your time with us will help you develop into a nurse who’s not only committed, but who is also able to deliver the highest quality of person and family-centered care.
Informed by the four pillars of Advanced Practice you will be exposed to theoretical and practice-based learning addressing themes of Clinical Practice, Research, Education and Leadership ensuring you are equipped to pursue a variety of exciting career opportunities at the point of qualification.
The Children's Nursing - Preregistration course entails learning in the University setting, independent online learning, self-directed study, simulated practice and placements in a variety of health, educational and social care settings. The course will help you develop high standards of patient and family-centered care, as well as clinical nursing, education, leadership and research skills. This will enable you to excel in the way you work with children, young people, their families and carers – and maximising your contribution to the multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- NHS - children’s specialist hospitals, acute secondary, primary care setting or community-based care
- Education sector
- Private or Voluntary sector
- Specialist or advanced practice, nursing management or leadership
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Person-Centred Nursing Practice
- Principles and Practice of Health Research
- Improving Care Through Leadership and Education
- Nursing Practice in Context
- Improving Services Through Leadership and Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 941 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Minimum 2:2 or equivalent; this programme is also applicable if you are a registered Mental Health, Learning Disabilities or Adult Nurse who wishes to become a NMC registered Children's Nurse. If you are a registered nurse looking for post-registration study opportunities within your own field of practice then this course is not suitable and you may wish to consider our other post-registration, professional nursing courses delivered at Degree and Master's level.
- All subject areas considered.
- Applicants will be required to have a minimum of GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4 / C or equivalent.
- The University will also take into account the employment experience of applicants where relevant.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.