- The Religious Studies programme is offered at the University Of Ibadan.
- Subsequently, under that special relationship with the University of London, the department offered courses leading to the award of the Honours Degree of Bachelor of Divinity (B.D.).
- The special relationship with the University of London officially ended in June, 1962 when the University of Ibadan was established to offer its own degree programmes. Thereafter, the department started offering its own courses leading to the award of the degree of Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Religious Studies.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates for admission to higher degree programmes shall normally be graduates of the University of Ibadan or other Universities/Institutions recognised by the Senate. Admission shall be made by the Postgraduate College on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Candidates without any previous higher degrees in the relevant discipline may be admitted only to either the Degree of Master or the Professional Degree of Master.
- Candidates with recognised “Research Higher” Degree in the relevant discipline may be admitted to the M.Phil or Ph.D. degree programmes as appropriate, on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Where, in respect of an otherwise eligible candidate with a higher degree, a firm recommendation for admission to the Ph.D. degree programme cannot be made, a Faculty may recommend that a candidate be admitted provisionally to the programme pending an assessment report.
International3500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 USD per year during 24 months.
National2500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.