The delivery of languages is now a statutory part of the primary curriculum. A high quality languages education should foster pupils’ curiosity, develop their self-confidence, broaden their horizons and encourage positive attitudes.
Developed in close partnership with primary schools throughout East Anglia, our PGCE Primary Years with Languages - Spanish course at the University of East Anglia is designed to help you become a confident and capable teacher who can motivate children and manage a class effectively. Upon successful completion of your PGCE, you will graduate with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and 90 Master’s level credits.
You’ll join this 38-week, full-time course in September and finish the following July. You’ll spend the majority of time in schools – with up to 120 days (24 weeks) in placements and up to 60 days in taught sessions. Your placements will be in two different schools, helping you to develop an understanding from contrasting experiences.
- Curriculum leader
- Head of year
- Deputy head
- Head teacher
- PY PGCE Pupil Progress Assignment
- Primary Years (Primary Languages) Teaching Practice and QTS
- Foundation Subjects Including Inclusive Practice Assignment
- Professional Development Including Understanding Children Assignment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Candidates are advised to apply as early as possible in the application cycle.
DisciplinesEducation Languages Pedagogy View 83 other Masters in Pedagogy in United Kingdom
- 2:2 or above preferred
- All degree subjects considered
- Before making your application you must have a GCSE pass at Grade C/4 or its equivalent* in English Language, Mathematics and in a natural Science subject (ie Biology, Chemistry, Physics or a combination of these) regardless of your date of birth.
- Applicants are required to have achieved a good honours degree (preferably class 2:2 and above) or its equivalent* by the beginning of the PGCE programme in September.
International22400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.