Career Opportunities - Social Work MSW programme at University of Peradeniya
- positions in social policy, human and welfare service sectors, and generic counseling and advocacy programmes
- positions in national and international non-government organizations, and a range of other civil society and community-based organizations
- positions in private and public hospitals and community based health services and programmes
- social work positions in schools and higher education institutions
- direct service positions in family, group, community based services such as mental health and counseling, disability, aged care, child care and family care, alcohol and drug abuse, minor offences and community based rehabilitations, housing, community legal, community corrections
- positions in social reconstructions, disaster, crisis relief and recovery programmes and projects
- group work and community development positions in a range of advocacy, community work and development agencies, services and programmes
- development programmes/ projects
- policy/ programme planning
- development and research fields
International careers in:
- International development and social development and sustainable programs and projects
- International migration and refugee programs
- Peace missions
- Humanitarian and disaster relief programs
- United Nations agencies, missions, projects, and programs
- A range of other INGO's and civil agencies
- International aid and monitory agencies
- Overseas work opportunities as professional social workers
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- certified copies of certificates (e.g. Birth Certificate, degree or other higher educational certificates, etc.)
- two copies of recent passport size photograph
- service letter/s (if required) in the given format
- two referee reports preferably from academics/mentors/supervisors/senior government officers/head of institution in the given format
- synopsis of proposed research (if applying for a research degree)
- payment slip of Application Fee (Local: Rs. 1000/-, Foreign: US$ 25/-)
International1915 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1915 USD per year during 12 months.
National255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 255 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: LKR92,000
- SAARC Countries and clergy: $1,615
- Non-SAARC Countries: $1,915
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.