The MSc in Medical Education (Part time distance learning) at Cardiff University is committed to promoting excellence in learning and teaching for health professionals. It is for all medical, dental and other health professionals who aim to professionalise the role of the clinician as teacher.
This part-time programme, taught entirely online, leads to the award of an MSc in Medical Education. It is the final stage of a three-stage, progressive course.
Admission to this programme requires successful completion of the PG Certificate (stage 1) and Diploma (stage 2) in Medical Education. The MSc component will involve the completion of a small scale empirical or literature based study culminating in the submission of a dissertation. Many of the projects provide the basis for practical innovations in the workplace and can also extend engagement with and contribution to the wider medical education community
Professionals have joined the course from around the world. Many graduates use the insights gained on the course to introduce innovations to their day to day teaching, whilst others go on to higher level roles and responsibilities to lead and promote excellence in learning and teaching at national and international levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation (E-Learning)
- The MSc year (stage three) follows on from successful completion of the Postgraduate Certificate year (stage one) and the Postgraduate Diploma year (stage two).
- The programme is delivered entirely online and you will be required to engage with online learning materials within tutor-facilitated groups and with your dissertation supervisor throughout the academic year (October to June). There is no requirement to attend, as all teaching will be delivered via e-learning.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 460 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In addition to fulfilling the University entrance requirements for study at Postgraduate level; you will need to demonstrate your interest/involvement in learning and teaching in health care contexts. Successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma stage of the programme is a prerequisite for the MSc stage.
- You will also need to provide a personal statement that is relevant to your application. Please supply your statement as a PDF (500 words) and include the following questions as headings:
- What experience do you have as a health professional? You should have at least one years' post-graduation general medical experience.
- Why do you wish to follow this course?
- What post-qualification experience do you have of teaching as a health professional?
- What current involvement in teaching within your health profession do you have?
International3850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3850 GBP per year during 36 months.
National3850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3850 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.