You will be supported to try out new ways of working, implement different strategies, and evaluate the impact of your teaching on learners' needs in your own setting.
Delivered as an online course, you will study at a distance, supported by UWE tutors, alongside your work.
Because this is a very practice-focused course, you need to be teaching during the course. You will try out different teaching strategies and ways of managing your classroom. We will support you to evaluate your practice and we will provide clear feedback. We will refer to a range of evidence to support this, including videos of your teaching, audio clips, transcripts, photographs, self-evaluation and feedback to monitor and support your practice and progress. Tutor feedback on your practice will refer to the appropriate English Teachers' Standards.
Studying this Education - International program from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) will help to transform the way you teach, with access to new ideas and approaches you can feed into your practice.
You can position yourself as an internationally specialised teacher, who is knowledgeable and experienced in a range of pedagogical approaches, with the potential to progress in education management and leadership.
Taking what you have learnt into your school will also add value to the education offer they are able to provide to learners and families.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This course is delivered online in English, through a series of videos, readings, webinars and online tutorials. There will be regular study tasks and group input tasks..
- You will be able to try out and evaluate different pedagogical approaches, adapting them to your own practice and environment, as you develop as an informed, highly reflective teacher.
- As you engage with the course online, you will be able to connect and share with your tutors and fellow students.
- Students are organised into groups, supported by a Study Tutor to share good practice and ideas, and to maintain the new professional connections and friendships you make through the course.
- Throughout the course you will have access to academic and technical support. You will also receive feedback, on your teaching from a UWE tutor.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
- For most courses we consider applications until all places are filled – there are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the better.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 31 other Masters in Pedagogy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The University's standard entry requirements apply. Students will need to show that they have, or are due to have at the time of starting the course:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- Some experience of teaching and supporting learning, and be in work and teaching regularly.
The student's school/educational organisation needs to agree to their engagement on the course and to confirm that they expect them to be able to complete at least 60 days of teaching and supporting learning during the course, with at least 120 hours of direct teaching to groups of eight or more learners, and be able to confirm that the student has any safeguarding clearance required in that education system/context.
When applying to this course students should upload a personal statement which explains why they want to do this course and what they hope this course will allow them to achieve once completed.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1300 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 GBP per module during 12 months.
National1300 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 GBP per module during 12 months.
per 30 Credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.