- The students will be trained to assess the impact of pollutants on quality of soil, atmosphere and water resources and their specific role in environmental issues and make aware of challenges and has to fond in finding solutions.
- With the pressing environmental problems that exist worldwide and the ever-increasing world population, the need for well-trained environmental soil scientists has never been greater. The graduates of the Environmental Soil Science MSc programme offered at University of Peradeniya always select challenging career paths working with other professionals to solve complex environmental problems.
- Soil Science
- Environmental Soil Physics
- Environmental Soil Chemistry
- Environmental Microbiology
- Techniques in Soil Plant, Water & Fertilizer Analysis
- Formation and Characteristics of Tropical Soils
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
60 (coursework + research)
DisciplinesSoil Science Microbiology Environmental Sciences View 5 other Masters in Microbiology in Sri Lanka
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, science or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the PGIA and Senate of the University of Peradeniya.
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National CW: LKR125,000; CW + research: LKR225,000
- SAARC countries: $4,000 (CW); $5,000 (CW + research)
- Other countries: $6,000 (CW); $7,000 (CW + research)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.