The Molecular and Applied Microbiology MSc programme offered at University of Peradeniya explores the molecular and applied aspects of microorganisms and integrates the practical skills essential to a practical molecular microbiologist through the intensive practical training in microbiology and molecular biology related techniques.
At the end of the course, graduates complement their their theoretical knowledge with hands-on experience on an array of disciplines of microbiology provided by a team of experienced academics and research scientists.
The comprehensive knowledge on theoretical and practical aspects acquired through this programme prepares graduates to undertake challenges in their future careers, either academic or professional.
- Methods in Microbiology and Microbial Technology
- Molecular Microbiology
- Microbial Genomics
- Environment and Industry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Sciences or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institute of higher education acceptable to the PGIA and Senate of the University of Peradeniya.
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National CW: LKR125,000; CW + research: LKR225,000
- SAARC countries: $4,000 (CW); $5,000 (CW + research)
- Other countries: $6,000 (CW); $7,000 (CW + research)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.