The curriculum of the Food and Nutrition MSc programme offered at University of Peradeniya is carefully designed as a blend of multi-disciplinary subject area covering core nutritional science subjects of biochemistry, human nutrition, community nutrition, nutritional and health aspects of food, dietetics, nutrition epidemiology, nutritional assessment, nutritional genomics and social science subjects of food and nutrition economics, sociology of food and nutrition, nutrition advocacy and counselling, planning and management of food and nutrition programmes together with basic food science subjects and adequate practical any nutrition related assignment in the community or in food industry.
- Principles of Food Science
- Food Microbiology
- Human Nutrition
- Nutritional and Health Aspects of Food
- Food Safety
- Sociology of Food and Nutrition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
60 (coursework + research)
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Biochemistry View 3 other Masters in Biochemistry in Sri Lanka
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Science or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institute of higher education acceptable to the PGIA and Senate of the University of Peradeniya.
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 410 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National CW: LKR150,000; CW + research: LKR250,000
- SAARC countries: $4,000 (CW); $5,000 (CW + research)
- Other countries: $6,000 (CW); $7,000 (CW + research)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.