Develop your career in managing real estate portfolios, including natural and built environments, with our professionally-driven Master's in Real Estate Management . You'll learn to use industry-standard software, apply managerial skills and report your findings accurately, all in a university with one of the longest-standing Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accreditations in the world.
You'll work with complex problems drawn from live real estate activity, produce reports to industry specifications throughout your assessments, and put your skills to work locally by taking part in community practice. Your teaching staff will include chartered surveyors, architects, civil engineers, economists, town planners, lawyers and environmentalists, with wide publication records and project management histories worth billions across the UK and Europe. You'll attend guest lectures given by RICS professionals from companies, such as Savilles, and from local government or other public sector organisations.
When you graduate, you'll have the knowledge and skills to build a career in real estate management. You'll also be eligible to begin the process of recognition as a Chartered Surveyor, or to enter research into the field.
- Master real estate management skills, industry software and reporting methods, as you grapple with contemporary issues in the industry
- Build the necessary knowledge and experience to apply for Chartered Surveyor status
- Learn from practising real estate professionals, both as teaching staff and visiting lecturers, and use local case studies and community projects to develop your learning
- Study at one of the longest-established Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)-accredited centres in the world
- Plan and deliver a Master's project that follows your interest in real estate issues, such as investment, property development trends, corporate assets or planning
- Find your route into a property career from a wide range of academic backgrounds
Careers and opportunities
You'll graduate with the real estate management skills and knowledge to put your learning to work immediately. As a RICS-accredited professional, you are well-placed for senior roles in the industry – you'll know the software used in the industry, you'll have experience in producing industry-standard reports, and you'll have had the opportunity to build your professional contacts through site visits and university events.
And, according to the recent Digital Front Line report from Causeway Construction, you'll be entering a sector as it bounces back from lockdown with government investment and a commitment to its own digital reinvention.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Construction Technology - 20 credits
Investment, Wealth Management and Economics - 20 credits
Valuation and Appraisal - 20 credits
International Estate Management - 20 credits
Real Estate Law and Planning Law - 20 credits
Development Design Project - 20 credits
Dissertation - 60 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Real Estate & Property Management View 880 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Portsmouth and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A good honours degree or equivalent in any discipline. Business Studies, Social Sciences, Humanities and Liberal Arts, Geography, Economics or Law are examples, but any applicant with demonstrable commitment to, enthusiasm for or experience in the field with a good standard of literacy will also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.