There are excellent employment opportunities in the horticulture industry, such as cultivation or sales consultants, product developers or salespersons. Graduates are also employed as researchers at government research institutions, or as teachers at schools and technical colleges.
- The Horticulture MSc programme offered at University of Peradeniya is designed to produce trained and experienced professionals having an up-to-date knowledge and practical skills in horticulture and natural sciences.
- After completing the programme, students will be able to develop their own business ventures or be employed as researchers, managers, consultants, or university academics in Horticulture and related fields.
- Sustainable Garden Management
- Plant Nutrient Management in Horticultural Crops
- Fruit Crop Management
- Production Horticulture
- Protected Culture
- Landscape Horticulture
- Commercial Nursery Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- All applicants should possess a B.Sc. degree in Agriculture, Plant Sciences or equivalent qualifications acceptable to the PGIA and Senate of the University of Peradeniya. Students holding non-agricultural degrees required to follow prerequisite courses in consultation with the programme coordinator.
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 410 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National CW: LKR150,000; CW + research: LKR250,000
- SAARC countries: $4,000 (CW); $5,000 (CW + research)
- Other countries: $6,000 (CW); $7,000 (CW + research)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.