The degree offerd by Rhetoric and Writing programme from Michigan State University serves both as a professional degree for students interested in a technical and professional writing and a career track in industry, nonprofits, or in non-faculty roles in educational institutions, and as a preparatory degree for doctoral work in rhetoric, writing and composition studies, communication studies, or technical communication.
The program provides students with a theoretically grounded yet practical experience in rhetoric and writing, and offers concentration areas for students to select from: Professional Writing and Technical Communication, Composition Studies and Writing Pedagogy, Digital Rhetorics, Cultural Rhetorics, and Custom Emphasis.
- Contemporary Theories of Rhetoric
- Writing, Composing, Designing, Making
- Research Methodologies in Rhetoric and Writing
- Composition studies: Issues, Theory and Research
- Digital Rhetoric
- Professional Writing Theory and Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Liberal Arts View 685 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- Include in the letter required by the college, a statement that addresses the applicant’s goals in pursuing the degree.
- Submit two writing samples demonstrating your ability to engage in graduate-level study.
- Three letters of reference.
International28900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28900 USD per year during 12 months.
National28900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28900 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14710 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for East Lansing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.