- The Agricultural Extension programme is offered at the University Of Ibadan.
- In order to meet global extension needs of middle and high level manpower, the Department runs both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development. The undergraduate programme leads to the award of Bachelor of Agriculture (B. Agric.) in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development while the three academic postgraduate programmes lead to award of Master of Science (M.Sc.), Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees, respectively.
- The professional Postgraduate Diploma programme leads to the award of the Postgraduate Diploma in Agricultural Extension (PDAE). Courses offered in these programmes include agricultural extension, agricultural administration, programme planning, extension psychology, rural sociology, agricultural communication, research methods, statistics and home economics among others.
- Basic Data collection and Analysis Techniques
- Extension Principles & Processes
- Gender and Generation Issues in rural Development
- Local Leadership Development and Use of Local Groups
- Family Welfare and Home Management
- Indigenous Knowledge in Rural Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesAgribusiness Agriculture View 5 other Masters in Agribusiness in Nigeria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates for admission to higher degree programmes shall normally be graduates of the University of Ibadan or other Universities/Institutions recognised by the Senate. Admission shall be made by the Postgraduate College on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Candidates without any previous higher degrees in the relevant discipline may be admitted only to either the Degree of Master or the Professional Degree of Master.
- Candidates with recognised “Research Higher” Degree in the relevant discipline may be admitted to the M.Phil or Ph.D. degree programmes as appropriate, on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Where, in respect of an otherwise eligible candidate with a higher degree, a firm recommendation for admission to the Ph.D. degree programme cannot be made, a Faculty may recommend that a candidate be admitted provisionally to the programme pending an assessment report.
International5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per year during 24 months.
National4000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.