This degree programme will provide students with advanced level management and business training relating to practical managerial areas in the banking and finance area. This involves understanding practical managerial issues surrounding the running of banking/financial firms including: bank financial and strategic management, banking and financial sector development, bank and corporate performance, analysing the main features of financial systems and markets.
It will also develop students’ academic and managerial skills in the banking/financial services area and become familiar with the latest strategic, managerial and industrial developments in the financial services industry.
This Banking and Finance (Chartered Banker) programme from Bangor University, will equip participants’ for career promotion and employment in the financial sector by developing and enhancing a range of advanced general transferable intellectual and study skills, as well as enhancing lifelong learning skills and personal development to contribute to society at large.
Graduates from this programme are expected to obtain employment in a variety of careers in the banking and financial services sector. Some graduates from this programme are expected to pursue careers in other business and management-related functions.
- Islamic Finance
- Financial Stability
- Financial Modelling
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Strategy and Portfolio Management
- Islamic Banking
- Financial Engineering
- Merger and Acquisition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
We would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake) or the end of October (for January intake).
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Banking and Investment View 267 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
- A 2(ii) or higher single or joint honours degree in a related subject is required, or equivalent overseas qualification and grade. Alternatively, possession of a suitable professional qualification and practical experience may also be accepted.
- Candidates without a relevant degree or professional qualification should have a minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- If English is not your native language, then satisfactory evidence of written and spoken English must be provided:
- Pearson PTE: a score of 56 (with no element lower than 51)
- Cambridge English Test – Advanced: 169 (with no element lower than 162)
- It may be necessary for applicants falling short of this minimum standard to attend an intensive English Language course before registering for the academic programme.
International18050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18050 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.