Through workshops, lectures, and supported assessments, you will be empowered to develop a collaborative culture within your organisation which builds capacity of the collective workforce to effectively deliver the aspirations of “A Healthier Nation”.
This Preventative Health and Health Equity (Distance Learning) programme is the first to be offered under the Bangor University lead ALPHAcademy (Applied Learning for Preventative Health Academy) which is part of the Welsh Government Intensive Learning Academy (ILA) programme.
This initiative has seen the development of hubs at Welsh Universities to offer research and education to support the professional capacity and system leadership which is fit for the challenges for health and social care systems for today and the future.
This programme from Bangor University, is likely to appeal to those already in employment as part of their regular CPD or for the purposes of upskilling. This means that graduates will be better equipped to continue or progress in their current career.
Those who are seeking to pursue a new career will have access to a wide range of careers that focus on preventative health. Having knowledge of factors relating to health equity and social inclusion, they will be well-equipped to be leaders across services and sectors, including health and social care organisations, and in statutory and non-statutory sectors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Creating a Learning Culture
- Health Equity and Human Rights
- Healthy Behaviour Change
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake) or the end of October (for January intake).
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 272 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Prospective applicants should hold an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject (of 2(ii) or above), as well as a strong personal statement and reference(s) (academic and/or work related)
- Credit transfer and Accreditation for Prior Experiential Learning (maximum 40 credits at Level 7) will be possible. If credit transfer is sought for taught research methods modules, then this should have been completed within the last 5 years.
- If you do not meet the academic requirements detailed above but have at least 3 years relevant work experience and have evidence of recent study or professional development (to demonstrate an ability to study at level 7) we may consider your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.