The Natural Resource Management MSc programme offered at University of Peradeniya aims at providing unique knowledge and skills required to solve a number of interdisciplinary challenges related to the management of natural resources.
- Increasing population and growing welfare places pressure on the natural environment and results in problems such as deforestation, overgrazing, and the contamination of land and water resources. The current emphasis on sustainable management across the globe is a consequence of growing awareness of the impact of modern society on the environment.
- As a result, there is a pressing need for people with the ability of applying Natural Resources Management principles and techniques to support decision making for the effective and efficient management of natural resources. In this context, the Natural Resource Management MSc programme offered at University of Peradeniya aims at providing theory and practice to solve real world natural resource issues using an interdisciplinary approach.
- Resource and Environmental Economics
- Resource Management in Tropical Farming Systems
- Ecology, Conservation and Management of Natural Resources
- Quantitative Methods
- Resource Planning and Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
60 (coursework + research)
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Management Natural Resource Management View 3 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Sri Lanka
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicant with degrees in Pure Sciences (Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics), Applied Sciences (Agriculture, Engineering, Medicine), and Social Sciences are eligible for admission to this programme.
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 270 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National CW: LKR100,000; CW + research: LKR200,000
- SAARC countries: $4,000 (CW); $5,000 (CW + research)
- Other countries: $6,000 (CW); $7,000 (CW + research)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.