The Environmental Economics MSc programme is offered at University of Peradeniya. The continuing rise in the application of economics to environmental policy formulation has created an increased demand for individuals with state-of-the-art training in environmental and resource economics. As a result, there are promising career opportunities for those who have trained as professional environmental economists: in government, international organizations, industry, NGOs, consultancy and research.
- Resource and Environmental Economics
- Microeconomic Theory
- Dynamics of Resource Economics
- GIS for Natural Resources Management
- Multivariate Statistical Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
60 (coursework + research)
DisciplinesEconomics Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management View 5 other Masters in Economics in Sri Lanka
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This programme requires a strong background in Economics. Applicants must possess a BSc degree with a specialization in Agricultural Economics or in Applied Economics and Business Management or a BA in Economics.
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 270 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National CW: LKR100,000; CW + research: LKR200,000
- SAARC countries: $4,000 (CW); $5,000 (CW + research)
- Other countries: $6,000 (CW); $7,000 (CW + research)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.