- This Biotechnology MSc programme offered at University of Peradeniya offers a wide range of courses covering the fundamentals in molecular biology to advanced applications in plant, animal, human and industrial biotechnology. The practical exposure provided in the laboratories at the Department of Agricultural Biology equip students with essential hands-on skills in molecular biology and biotechnology.
- The majority of the students who followed this programme continue their studies in reputed foreign universities and obtain career opportunities in both national and international institutions.
- Microbial Genetics
- Plant Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Gene Manipulation
- Cell Biology
- Cellular Genetics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- a Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture, Life Sciences, or any equivalent qualification from a recognized institute of higher education acceptable to the PGIA and Senate of the University of Peradeniya
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National675 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 675 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National CW: LKR250,000; CW + research: LKR350,000
- SAARC countries: $4,000 (CW); $5,000 (CW + research)
- Other countries: $6,000 (CW); $7,000 (CW + research)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.