This interdisciplinary, 48-credit Piano Performance Collaborative Piano and Chamber Music program from Temple University deeply immerses you in music theory and piano performance, enhancing your commercial viability as a collaborative pianist and preparing you to pursue doctoral studies.
About this Program
The Piano Performance/Collaborative Piano and Chamber Music MM appeals to advanced pianists interested in chamber music, coaching, solos and accompaniment. Study focuses on performance of piano as well as the literature of piano. Learning in this program is hands-on, as students join and perform with a host of ensembles and orchestral repertoires.
Students are trained to
- appreciate how text can affect musical performance.
- develop their pianistic skills in order to meet the demands of advanced chamber and accompanied works.
- distinguish between the many different kinds of ensemble participation, depending on the media.
- learn how to conduct rehearsals.
- listen to the many events occurring simultaneously in ensembles.
- Baroque Keyboard Performance Practice
- Instrumental Ensemble
- Listening/Learning Skills Piano
- Piano Accompanying Chamber Music
- Piano Pedagogy
- Recital Accompanying
- Research in Music
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 1017 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline
- Statement of Goals: Include your special interests within the discipline and expectations for the program.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Resume: Current resume required.
International23328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 36 months.
National23328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State17520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.