Spend one full semester student teaching and gain the experience to
- accommodate different learning styles;
- create safe learning spaces;
engage learners in culturally responsive music activities, including connecting music and music learning to every day life, and improvising, creating and performing music; and
guide students’ music learning and development and share outcomes of their progress.
Graduates of this Music Teaching Certificate program from Temple University are prepared to teach music in both elementary and secondary school settings. You can also choose to further your education with a master’s or doctoral degree in a variety of music or teaching fields. Job options may include the following.
- Pre-K–12 general music teacher
- School or community music ensemble director
- Inclusive Vocal Development
- School Choral Ensembles
- Teaching Choral Music to Inclusive Populations
- Music Learning and Development
- Teaching Music to Students with Special Needs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music View 1089 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Goals Statement: Provide a written account of your accomplishments to date, your goals and expectations for the program, your goals for beyond the program, and your special interests in becoming certified in Pennsylvania to teach pre-K–12 music.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Music Skills: Submit a digital video shorter than 15 minutes. Clips must feature the applicant’s musicianship, the types of activities the applicant currently associates with music teaching and learning interactions with at least one other person engaging in the activities with the applicant.
- Writing Skills: Upon completion of the formal half-hour application interview, there is a 90-minute writing exam. The written portion of the AMP allows you to demonstrate your best writing in response to prompts regarding lived experiences.
International36450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State27375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.