Learn how to conduct rehearsals and train your ear to identify simultaneous musical events in ensembles. Through the coursework of this Instrumental Conducting Wind Band from Temple University, you will
- learn effective and thorough score study and preparation,
- develop advanced physical conducting technique, and
- train to lead efficient rehearsals and sectionals, culminating in performance.
Students are trained to listen to the many events occurring simultaneously in ensembles; to learn how to conduct rehearsals; to appreciate how text can affect musical performance; to distinguish between the many different kinds of ensemble participation depending on the media; and to develop their pianistic skills in order to meet the demands of advanced chamber and accompanied works.
- Choral Conducting Seminar
- Private Lessons: Instrumental Conducting Major
- Instrumental Conducting Seminar: Score Analysis, Programming & Interpretation of Wind Ensemble Lit
- Seminar in Theoretical Analysis
- Seminar in Stylistic Analysis
- Studies in Performance Practice
- Research in Music
- Advanced Orchestral Conducting
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 1037 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline
- Statement of Goals: In a maximum of 1,500 words, describe your special interests within the discipline and expectations for the program.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Prescreening Video: For the prescreening video, the applicant's face and torso must face the camera and include 15 to 20 minutes of rehearsal and 5 to 10 minutes of performance.
- Written Analysis: Each applicant must upload a written score analysis of one of the following selections: Theme and Variations, Op. 43a by Arnold Schoenberg; Lincolnshire Posy by Percy Grainger; or Chester Overture for Band by William Schuman.
International23328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 24 months.
National23328 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State17520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.