The program provides instruction on the design, planning, and management of systems and procedures for protecting critical physical and cyber infrastructure from external threats, including terrorism.
- The Cyber Security Engineering program at George Mason University provides students with the deep technical foundations of cyber security in the form of software, hardware, networking, and cryptography, as well as systems engineering tools and methods to design and secure complex cyber physical systems.
- Students learn homeland security policy, critical infrastructure policy, information security, matrix vulnerability assessment, threat assessment, physical security, personnel security, operational security, contingency planning, case analyses of specific industries and systems, redundancy planning, emergency and disaster planning, security systems, and intelligence operations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cyber Security Engineering Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Operating Systems
- Hardware and Cyber Physical Systems
- Networks and Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Systems Engineering
- Cyber Security Engineering Capstone Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Cyber Security View 319 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- College Transcripts
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Goals Statement
- Fall 2022 applications only: The GRE is not required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 663 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.