Using a studio-based approach to art education and working closely with area public school systems, the Art Education degree at George Mason University consists of 30 credits of graduate art education, school practicum experience, studio work, and pre-service teaching internship and seminar.
- The School of Art is founded on the premise that art both reflects and inspires a creative society, improving the human condition while describing the world, both as it is and could be. We focus on the role of artists in that conversation.
- We encourage students to see art both as an individual expression and public interaction. We celebrate historical reference, current relevance and experimentation-emphasizing innovative ways of thinking that enhance the impact of art on the future of society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues and Research in Art Education
- Two-Dimensional Art Making and Differentiated Instruction
- Three-Dimensional Art Making Across Cultures
- Elementary Art Education
- Literacy and Curriculum Integration
- Secondary Art Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Art History Art Education View 413 other Masters in Art History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- College Transcripts
- Goals Statement: One-page essay that describes the applicant's intent for applying to the MAT program.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a college professor.
- Interviews will be scheduled with qualified applicants after review of the admissions application.
- Completed Endorsement Worksheet to verify state required program prerequisites have been met.
- Portfolios will be submitted through SlideRoom. The link to SlideRoom will be provided to you when you apply. You will be able to submit your portfolio via SlideRoom after you have received your GNumber from the Office of Graduate Admissions. Contact CVPA Graduate Admissions if you have any questions.
- Portfolio must include 15 to 20 images that reflect artistic breadth and depth, including drawing skills of the applicant's art. All portfolios must include title, date, medium, and size of each work.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
National42930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1431 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State16290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 543 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.