Public health, public policy and issues of health disparities are at the forefront of many of America's unresolved social problems. Rising health care costs pose a growing threat to the economy, while for some access to even the most basic health care is tenuous. Lawyers play a central role in society's approach to these public health issues. However, their effectiveness is frequently limited by an inadequate knowledge of public health matters. To close this educational gap, the University of Memphis has created the JD/MPH dual degree program.
The goal of the Law and Public Health JD/MPH program from University of Memphis is to prepare and train students to apply law and policy to benefit public health. The dual degree allows law students to combine in-depth advocacy and policy skills learned in the UofM's JD program with the population health perspective gained in the MPH program to address policy and advocacy needs at the community level.
- International Finance
- International law
- Transnational Legal Problems
- Environmental Health
- Biostatistical Methods
- Epidemiology in Public Health
- Environmental Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National students should apply approximately three to six weeks prior
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Health Environmental Economics & Policy View 177 other Masters in International Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Memphis and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Candidates for the program must meet the entrance requirements and procedures for admission to both the Juris Doctor and the Master of Public Health degree programs. Both programs must be informed by the student at the time of application to the second program that he/she intends to pursue the dual JD/MPH program.
- Copies of all undergraduate (and graduate, if any) transcripts.
- Word Education Services (WES) transcript evaluation report or equivalent (report from WES iGPA calculator is acceptable).
- GRE General Score (recommended).
- At least three letters of recommendations.
- Personal statement.
- CV (showing previous research experience, if any).
International11340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5670 USD per semester during 24 months.
National8796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4398 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3126 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Memphis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.