Through this English as a Second Language Certificate program at Temple University, you will develop a foundation in English usage, linguistic awareness and second language acquisition. Coursework will train you to adapt and develop instructional materials for English language learners, as well as administer and interpret a variety of formative and summative assessments. You’ll become knowledgeable about support services for English language learners while developing cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Upon successful completion, you will earn the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Program Specialist: ESL Certificate.
- Applied Language Study I: Phonology and the Lexicon
- Multilingual Students' Literacy Development
- Current Approaches to Teaching English Language Learners
- Teaching English in a Global Context
- Designing Assessment and Curriculum for Multilingual Students
- Second Language Development
- Foundations of Language Teaching: Meeting the Needs of English Language Learners
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 866 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline
- Statement of Goals: Outline your interest in seeking a graduate certificate with a specific focus on the career to which you aspire, your interests, and your academic and job-related experiences that are relevant to the program.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Resume: Current resume required.
International7974 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
National7974 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 966 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.