This Disability Studies Certificate program at Temple University draws from a variety of disciplines including health professions, liberal arts and social sciences.
Coursework includes research into disability rights and culture, as well as universal design and ecological aspects of disability. Students will also gain an understanding of disability as it relates to their personal, professional and social lives.
As all social institutions grapple with the changing nature of public and private participation by people with disabilities, students with a Disability Studies Graduate Certificate are well-suited for employment in a wide variety of careers in
- community planning,
- K–12 schools and higher education, and
- public policy and advocacy.
- Disability Rights and Culture
- Action Modes of Research
- Disability and Social Policy
- Health and Wellness for Persons with Disabilities
- Disability Studies in the Humanities
- Field Work in Disability Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1934 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline
- Statement of Goals: Outline your interest in seeking a graduate certificate with a specific focus on the career to which you aspire, your interests, and your academic and job-related experiences that are relevant to the program.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Resume: Current resume required.
International7974 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
National7974 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State5796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 966 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.