Computer science is a critically important, highly competitive discipline that has grown exponentially in recent years. However, the U.S. faces a shortage of qualified computer science teachers. This 12-credit graduate certificate program is specifically designed for current math and science teachers to help meet the growing demand for computer science and information technology instruction in secondary schools.
Graduates of the Computer Science Instruction Certificate program from Temple University are prepared to continue their careers as professional educators, with the added opportunity to teach computer science, one of the fastest-growing sectors in the U.S.
- Comp-Based Appl Prog
- Database Design & Programming
- Networking & Operating Systems
- Programming and Data Structure
- System Software and Operating Systems
- Discrete Structure of Computer Science
- Scripting for Sciences and Business
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Computer Sciences Educational Psychology View 1099 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Goals Statement: your statement should be about 500 to 1,000 words in length. Include your specific interest in Temple’s program as well as your research and future career goals, and your previous academic and research achievements.
International15043 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1567 USD per credit during 15 months.
National15043 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1567 USD per credit during 15 months.
In-State11568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1205 USD per credit during 15 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.