This Advanced Education General Dentistry Certificate program at Temple University is designed to accommodate six recent dental school graduates who function in the program as residents as well as applicants who hold a DMD or DDS degree from a Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accredited dental school. Dentists who hold a BDS, DMD or DDS from an international dental school not accredited by CODA may apply to the AEGD program for international dentists.
The field of dentistry is rapidly evolving, with new restorative technologies being pioneered and patients who live longer and have more complex medication and healthcare needs. The program takes you beyond the four-year DMD curriculum and strengthens your knowledge base and clinical judgment, helping you keep pace with advances in the field. While primary patient care provides the majority of residents’ learning experience, you’ll also further enhance your diagnostic skills and ability to develop patient-appropriate treatment plans through the didactic curriculum and weekly seminars covering treatment planning, literature reviews and topics in general dentistry.
Recipients of the Advanced Education in General Dentistry Certificate are prepared to become
- comprehensive general dentists,
- educators and
Through the Office of Student Affairs, students pursuing careers in dentistry can get counseling and support during their tenure at Kornberg and after they graduate. The office regularly hosts career events and guest speakers covering a wide range of topics including
- corporate and private practice careers,
- debt management,
- general practice residencies,
- military service, and
- specialty education.
- Periodontal Case Presentations
- Biology and Pathology of the Periodontium
- Combined Spec Treat Plan
- Advanced Periodontal Microbiology and Immunology
- Clinical Oral Implantology
- Classic Periodontal Literature Review
- Conscious Sedation
- Oral Implantology Literature Review
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 768 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Degree Required for Admission Consideration: Applicants must hold the D.D.S., D.M.D., or B.D.S. degree from a U.S. or Canadian dental school accredited according to the standards of the American Dental Association's Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- Standardized Test Scores
- Transcripts and Credential Evaluation
- Resume: Current resume required. Submit resume through the ADEA PASS application.
- Supplemental Document: A 2x2 photo of the applicant’s face is required for the AEGD program and should be sent directly to the Kornberg School of Dentistry at the address listed above.
International43488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43488 USD per year during 12 months.
National43488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43488 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State43488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43488 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.