The Structural Engineering course from University of Sheffield approaches design using the latest UK and European codes, giving you the opportunity to discover a range of modern and innovative construction materials and methods.
- From buildings and bridges, to our water and energy supply systems, flood defences and even blast protection, you'll study the crucial infrastructure that we all depend on, learning how to make it safer, more efficient and more sustainable.
- Founded over 100 years ago, our department is equipped with the academic expertise and experience to prepare you for an impactful career.
This degree is accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng accredited undergraduate first degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research and Professional Skills
- Structural Analysis
- Advanced Geotechnics
- Structural Dynamics and Applications to Earthquake Engineering
- Advanced Concrete Design
- Structural Analysis and Design for Fire
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Environmental Sciences View 291 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 honours degree (BEng, MEng, BSc) in civil or structural engineering or other appropriate engineering or science subject.
- We'll consider your application if you have appropriate professional qualifications and work experience, but you'll need a strong background in the areas covered on the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.