In the Statistics with Medical Applications programme from University of Sheffield , you’ll develop a detailed working knowledge of essential statistical techniques and concepts, including linear and generalised linear modelling, Bayesian statistics and computational methods and build up your programming and data analysis skills using the statistical computing software R.
- You’ll study how these skills are applied in clinical trials and choose from a range of optional modules that focus on the role of statistics in other areas of medicine, such as epidemiology and evaluating healthcare interventions.
- There are also optional modules on other topics in statistics, including time series analysis and machine learning.
This course is accredited by the Royal Statistical Society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Statistician's Toolkit
- Bayesian Statistics and Computational Methods
- Medical Statistics
- Economic Evaluation
- Systematic Reviews and Critical Appraisal Techniques
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Statistics View 949 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sheffield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
We ask for a 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent, with substantial mathematical and statistical components.
In particular, you should have studied the following topics and performed well in assessments on them (for example, a score of at least 60 per cent).
- Mathematical Methods for Statistics: ideas and techniques from real analysis and linear algebra, including multiple integration, differentiation, matrix algebra, the theory of quadratic forms.
- Probability and Probability Distributions: the laws of probability and of conditional probability, the concepts of random variables and random vectors and their distributions, the methodology for calculating with them; laws of large numbers and central limit phenomena.
- Basic Statistics: hypothesis testing; point estimation and confidence intervals; likelihood methods; linear modelling; use of statistical software, for example, R.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.