Bringing together practical training in the latest research techniques with computational data analysis classes, this Psychological Research Methods with Data Science course from University of Sheffield has been developed to enable psychology students to make the transition to becoming data scientists.
- You’ll receive training in a wide variety of psychological research methods, advanced statistical methods, and data science, developing expertise in processing and transforming large scientific datasets using programming languages such as Python and R as well as learning how to use and interpret the output from specialist statistical software.
- Alongside your training in data science, you’ll learn the latest techniques in cutting-edge psychology research, as well as professional skills training in research ethics and presenting to an academic audience, before completing an extended research project, applying data science techniques to problems in a specialist area that may span clinical, cognitive, developmental or social psychology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Project in Psychological Research Methods with Data Science
- Research Methods
- Intermediate Multivariate Statistics for Psychology
- Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Systematically Reviewing Psychological Research
- Current Issues in Psychological Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Data Science & Big Data View 837 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent, in psychology or a related discipline.
- Evidence of undergraduate training in statistics for psychology is also required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.