The Ophthalmology Advanced Clinical Practice (Paediatrics) course from University of Sheffield is suitable for forward-thinking practitioners, already working in paediatric ophthalmology, who wish to pioneer new or improved services.
- You'll gain comprehensive and advanced knowledge of paediatric ophthalmology conditions.
- As well as studying the core elements of diagnosing and managing a wide range of ophthalmological conditions affecting paediatric patients, you'll learn techniques and management solutions through clinical, work-based learning.
- You'll benefit from this course if you are ready to implement patient-led improvements and wish to reach advanced clinical practitioner status in paediatric ophthalmology.
Accreditation will be applied for when available, from the emerging Centre for Advancing Practice who plan to hold a register of all advanced clinical practitioners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Concomitance and Incomitance in Depth
- Insight into Disease
- Low Vision
- Eye to Vision
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine View 939 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sheffield and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The minimum entry requirement is a 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent in an eye-care related degree.
- Applicants must be currently working in paediatric eye care and have the support of a local ophthalmologist or advanced clinical practitioner in paediatric ophthalmology, in order to gain clinical experience under supervision, for a wide range of paediatric eye conditions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3833 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3833 GBP per year during 36 months.
National3833 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3833 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.