Midwives are autonomous practitioners who work in a range of roles and settings. The role requires strong leadership.
As a midwife, you’ll be recognised as an expert in supporting, advising and advocating for women and their families during pregnancy, childbirth and post-partum care.
You’ll become a highly educated and skilled midwife, who is able to deliver and progress evidenced-based research and holistic midwifery care to women and their families.
- Leadership is at the centre of our curriculum, so we can give you the tools you need to qualify as a registered midwife with the potential for career development in several areas including management, leadership, consultancy, educational and research roles.
- The Midwifery (with registration as a midwife) course from University of Sheffield leads to registration at masters level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Health in Practice
- Foundations of Evidence for Midwifery Practice
- Professional Midwifery Practice - The Midwife as a Leader
- Professional Midwifery Practice – transition from student to qualified midwife
- Management of Public Health and Infant Feeding
- Research Skills for Professional Midwifery Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Midwifery View 36 other Masters in Midwifery in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The minimum entry requirement is a 2:1 honours degree, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
- Applicants with relevant work experience and good academic potential are also encouraged to apply.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National9250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Overseas (2022 annual fee) : Not applicable
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.