It provides a unique research environment within which students can learn valuable transferable skills encompassing the full range of activity from discovery science at the laboratory bench to the hospital clinic/bedside.
The research project forms the major part of your studies, during which time you will be integrated into the department as a member of an established research team.
A Master of Research (MRes) degree, while containing some taught elements, focuses more on research skills. The course will:
- Provide a good understanding of the basic science as well as some clinical insight into pathological conditions.
- Give insight into cutting edge research, both in the lab and in the clinic.
- Provide extended experience of a hypothesis-driven laboratory research project alongside experts in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching is delivered by research scientists, clinicians and clinical research managers. It consists of lectures supported by interactive tutorials and seminars. Demonstrations, simulations and practical classes are also used.
- Students will attend departmental seminars and Research in Progress meetings as well as research group meetings once the project has started.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Molecular Sciences View 124 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 in a relevant science undergraduate degree.
- A 2:2 may be considered with strong performance in research-related modules.
- We also welcome medical graduates as well as UK medical undergraduates wishing to intercalate.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26197 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26197 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.