Bioengineering is a multidisciplinary field that combines biology and engineering, and which allows you to apply engineering principles to medicine and healthcare.
This unique Bioengineering course from University of Sheffield combines biomaterials, imaging and in silico medicine.
It gives you the medical background, specialist knowledge, and theoretical and practical skills you’ll need to integrate biology and medicine with engineering and ultimately solve problems related to living systems.
- We'll introduce you to the field of biomaterials, and important factors in the selection, design, and development of biomaterials for clinical applications.
The course has been developed in line with accreditation standards and will seek to be formally accredited at the earliest opportunity, backdating this status to those who have previously studied on the programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computational Biomechanics of the Musculoskeletal System
- Clinical Engineering and Computational Mechanics
- Dental Materials Science
- Bio-imaging and Bio-spectroscopy
- Fundamental Biomechanics
- Cardiovascular Biomechanics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Biotechnology View 115 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum 2:2 in a bachelors honours degree in an engineering subject (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, control engineering, general engineering, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or biomedical engineering) or pure sciences (maths, physics).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.