The Education - Urban Education Policy programme at Brown University integrates research, theory and practice to provide students with foundational concepts and core skills in such areas as data analysis and data-based decision making, economic theory and its application in the realm of urban education policy analysis, urban politics and education, human development in an urban education context, and urban demographics.
The academic coursework is grounded in practice and is complemented by a concurrent nine-month internship in a local urban education policy setting. The program draws heavily on the urban education policy expertise of the Brown–based Annenberg Institute for School Reform. Collaborations with the Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs and other academic departments at Brown augment the practical and interdisciplinary aspects of the program.
Our need-blind Master of Arts in Teaching program and master’s program in urban education policy prepare students to confront rising inequality in America’s cities.
- Quantitative Research Methods and Data Analysis
- Urban Education Policy: System and Governance
- Education Inequality and Community Assets
- Strategic Management of School Organizations
- Economic Analysis in Urban Education Policy
- Race and Democracy in Urban Education Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Urban Planning View 263 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement: 1000-1500 word personal statement that gives your reasons to pursue graduate work in the field of your study.
- Recommendations: Three (3) recommendations required
- TOEFL/IELTS: Required for any non-native English speaker who does not have a degree from an institution where English is the sole language of instruction or from a University in the following countries: Australia, Bahamas, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada (except Quebec), Ethiopia, Ghana, Ireland, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, New Zealand, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Gambia, Uganda, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales), West Indies, Zambia).
International62404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62404 USD per year during 12 months.
National60944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60944 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State60944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60944 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.