Students acquire skills and specialist knowledge related to the development of the fashion industry, both historically and as an on-going trend, with special attention to cultural, symbolic and economic/financial factors, as well as the entrepreneurial and management skills necessary to work in this field.
The Fashion Studies program of the Sapienza University of Rome uses interdisciplinary teachings involving scholars from several disciplines, including humanities, social sciences, marketing, and technical and management disciplines. Strong professional connections in the field of fashion provide students with insight into today’s world of fashion.
In particular, the programme will provide students with:
- Specific competences to identify, design, develop, manage, monitor and assess projects, production and economic/managerial aspects;
- Tools to analyse the human, historical and cultural influences that play a role in the production, use and commercialization of clothing, both in terms of historical/anthropological symbology and entrepreneurial market dynamics.
- Communications skills, linguistic and technological media, knowledge acquisition and transmission systems;
- Analytical skills for fashion industry history and clothing trends.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 19th and 20th Century Art History
- Workshop I: Experiencing Fashion
- Fashion Through History
- Digital Business Strategy
- The Science of Drawing
- Digital Fashion Communication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Art History Fashion Design View 37 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Valid identity card or passport;
- Study Visa for “University enrolment” (only for non-EU citizens residing abroad);
- Receipt of your residence permit request (only for non-Eu citizens residing abroad who require a study visa);
- Residence permit card (only for Non-EU citizens regularly living in Italy). If you are renewing your residence permit card, you will need a copy of your expired permit together with the post office receipt of your renewal application;
- University-level qualification (achieved after no fewer than 15 years of studies of which at least 3 at University level), together with copy of the academic Transcript of records, officially translated into Italian (or in English) and accompanied by the Statement of Verification and the Statement of Comparability issued by CIMEA.
International2924 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2924 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2924 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2924 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Roma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.